Apple crisp is a delicious mix of baked apples with a crispy crust. The essence of apple crisp is pretty simple.
Still, it always amazes people just how good something that’s made of just apples, cinnamon, oats, and brown sugar can taste. Learn how easy it is to make…
Making gluten free apple crisp isn’t too hard. Thankfully, there are plenty of gluten free flour options available. Other recipes sometimes use almond flour or rice flour, but here we’ll be using oat flour.
One benefit of using oat flour is that, in a pinch, you can even make your own. Just grind oats in a food processor. The only caveat is that you need to make sure you get oats without gluten traces like Bob’s Red Mill brand.
To start out, you’ll need the following ingredients. They’ll make six servings of delicious gluten free apple crisp. It’ll take about 10 minutes to prepare and half an hour to cook.
Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe
- 4 sweet (such as red delicious) cored and diced apples
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup and two TB of oat flour
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
To prepare gluten free apple crisp, do the following:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now, toss together your diced apples, sea salt, and cinnamon in a big bowl.
- After pouring the water into a 8 x 8 square baking pan, add in the apple mix.
- Mix together oat flour, oats, and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Pour the melted butter into your flour mixture and thoroughly mix things together.
- Spread out the crumble mixture evenly over the top apple layer.
- Now, bake everything for a half hour or until the crust has hardened and turned golden.
- Take the baked gluten free apple crisp out of the oven and cut or ladle it out onto the plates of your eager and hopefully not too obviously salivating guests.
image courtesy Pirate Alice